By: Joseph Javits

WALESKA, Ga — Cardi B is the first solo woman to win a Grammy for the best rap album. The “Invasion of Privacy” artist took the title over other artists such as Nipsey Hussle, Pusha T, Travis Scott, and Mac Miller. Joined on stage by her husband Kiari Cephus, better known by his stagename Offset, and her daughter Kulture, Cardi delivered an emotional speech, “I want to thank my daughter, I’m not just saying thank you because she’s my daughter. It’s because, you know, when I found out I was pregnant, my album was not complete, like three songs that I was for sure having. And then you know, you know how it was, we was like, we have to get this album done so I could still do videos while I’m still not showing. And it was very long nights.”

Image result for cardi b grammy
Cardi B gives her speech during the Grammy Awards

While on stage about to give her speech, Cardi admitted that she was nervous and joked to the audience, “The nerves are so bad. Maybe I need to start smoking weed.” Cardi’s sense of humor is another trait that her fans admire, and this Grammy for best rap album an encouraging victory.

Image result for cardi b grammy
Cardi and Offset showing some love before the Grammy Awards

For more news and updates about Reinhardt events, follow our social media platforms:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.