By: Sara Humphries

WALESKA, Ga. — The Reinhardt concert choir is an experience like no other. Martha Shaw- the choir director, makes the experience magical. She makes everyone feel like they are part of a family. “Martha Shaw had a very positive impact on me while in choir. She was caring, expressive, and she taught me a lot about reading music notes, which prior I had little experience doing.” One of her former students said.  She does not only teach about music, but she also teaches life lessons. “She is a wonderful woman, and I am glad to have met her and learn from her.” One of her students said. In concert choir, they learn all kinds of music, from traditional classical pieces to folk songs. You do not have to audition to enter, so if you can sing and love music, you’re welcome to join the Reinhardt choir family.

Martha Shaw conducting
Photo credits: Reinhardt University

I have been in concert choir for two years now, and I plan on staying until I graduate. It’s different than any other choir I’ve been in because there isn’t competition. Even though there are expectations, we all feel comfortable with each other, because there will be a time where we will mess up. Being in concert choir, I get advice from Martha Shaw and other students that I will use for a lifetime.

Christmas concert
Photo credits: Alicia Humphries

If you can sing and you love music, I encourage you to join concert choir! It is an experience of a lifetime and is worth it. It’s usually Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-1:45. If you are good at cite reading, then join chorale! It’s one step up from concert choir, except you have to audition for that one. The Reinhardt choir family welcomes you all!

For more news and updates about Reinhardt events, follow our social media platforms:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.