Reinhardt University is gearing up for the inauguration of its 20th President, Dr. Kina S. Mallard. The almost two-week-long celebration will be held April 4-17.
The event will kick off with an art gallery reception Monday, April 4 at the Falany Performing Arts Center. The opening reception will begin at 6 p.m. Light snacks will be served, and the event is open to the public. The exhibit will continue daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. through May 6.
The art on display is in honor of Dr. Mallard, and each piece will have a connection to Reinhardt’s newest president.
The guest artists include Ann Bailey, of Canton; Nancy Currie Moore, of Canton; Lisa Flanary, of Jefferson City, Tennessee; Angela D. Lee, of Nashville, Tennessee; Michael Mallard, of Plains; Melissa Mann Bean, of Louisville, Kentucky; Julie Rabun, of Jefferson City, Tennessee; David Underwood, of Jefferson City, Tennessee; Joshua Wagner, of Nashville, Tennessee; and Jen White, of Memphis, Tennessee.
While some events are by invitation only, those interested are welcome to attend any of the following events:
- A Sunday for Reinhardt on April 10. Any community church is welcome to host an A Sunday for Reinhardt event during their service where they are asked to pray for Reinhardt and their students, faculty and staff. Students, faculty and staff are available to help lead worship services. For more information, visit Reinhardt.edu;
- Reinhardt University Jazz Ensemble Concert at the Falany Performing Arts Center Tuesday, April 12 at 7:30 p.m. See Reinhardt.edu for ticket information;
- Reinhardt University Symphonic Winds Concert at the Falany Performing Arts Center Thursday, April 14 at 7 p.m. See Reinhardt.edu for ticket information;
- Inauguration & Alumni Awards Gala at the Northside-Cherokee Conference Center, Canton, Friday, April 15 at 6 p.m. with tickets at $100 per person. See Reinhardt.edu for tickets; and,
- The Reinhardt University Choir Concert at the Falany Performing Arts Center Sunday, April 17 at 3 p.m. See Reinhardt.edu for ticket information.