Talon Awards Gala

I was pleased to attend my first Talon Awards Gala tonight at the Falany Performing Arts Center, because two history major graduates were honored with Reinhardt’s Ten Under Ten Award, an award that recognizes ten graduates who have found success in their chosen fields within their first decade of graduation. The first is Courtney Byrd ’11, who lives in New York City where she is a project manager for Nervewire, a marketing firm that helps companies stay relevant, competitive and successful.

The second is Will Cody ’08, who arrived at Reinhardt when I did back in 2004. The photo shows us at Will’s graduation. Will went on to receive a master’s in international relations at the University of Edinburgh, and has taught at international schools in Thailand and Kenya.

I was pleased that Jefferson Holt ’05 was also honored. Jeff was a business and sports studies major, but was a founding member of Reinhardt’s chapter of Phi Alpha Theta. He is now a lawyer in Atlanta.

Sean Mulligan ’05, another founding member of Phi Alpha Theta (and one of the smartest students I’ve ever had) was also in attendance.