Thirty reasons why it’s smart to hire a history student:
• When presented with a whole bunch of information, History students are trained to be able to quickly judge what is relevant, and why it is relevant.
• History students need to pick up on the jargon, locations, and terms associated with different historical periods and disciplines. If there’s unique lingo, acronyms, orlanguage that your team/organization uses, they will be quick to understand and adopt it.
• These kids know how to write.
• Oh, and they know how to summarize. Throw them a hodgepodge of random information, and they’ll turn it into a concise, focused, and coherent package.
• They can recognize long term effects.
• History scholars tend to be naturally interested people. Interested people are the best employees.
(I would say good history students, myself, but fundamentally I agree! Twenty-four more points at the original blog post.)